Pork Chops with Apples and Shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, quartered lengthwise
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into eighths
- 1/2 cup white wine and 1 cup chicken broth, or 1 1/2 cups apple cider (I used the white wine and water because I was out of broth)
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place shallots, apples, and the wine/broth mixture or cider in crock pot.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Pan sear pork chops until just golden on each side. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to crock pot, on top of apples and shallots.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Turn pork chops in juices before serving. Serve pork chops with warm apples and shallots and a spoonful of crock pot juices spooned over top.