- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup cold whipped cream cheese
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and green onions. Using your hands or a pastry blender, add the butter and mix until coarse crumbles form. Your hands really are the best bet for this step, even if it's messy.
- Add the cream cheese in dollops. Using your hands or a pastry blender, again mix until larger crumbles form. Stir in the buttermilk until just combined- do not over mix.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour, turn out dough, and sprinkle top of dough with flour. Pat out dough until 1 inch thick. Coat a small biscuit cutter or the clean top of a spice container (I used the lid of my onion salt- similar flavor I figured!) in flour, and cut the dough into small 1" rounds. Re-use scraps, being careful not to over work the dough, and continue until all biscuits are cut out.
- Place biscuits on nonstick baking sheets, about 1" apart, and bake 6-8 minutes, until slightly golden. Best served warm!