- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lime zest (2 limes were enough)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup lime juice (juice from the 2 limes + store bought lime juice)
- Preheat oven to 350° and butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan. Mix crust ingredients in a stand mixer until well blended. Press crust mix into the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix topping ingredients (may have some clumps; that's ok) and pour over baked crust. Bake an additional 25 minutes, until set.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm. Allow to cool, then cut into bars. Some of mine were a bit crispy at the edges of the pan, so you may want to trim the crispy parts after cutting the bars. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Yum yum yum yum yum!