March 20, 2013

Pom-Pom Cotton Ball Sheep

In further Easter craftiness, I thought it would be fun to make a cute little sheep.  I saw these super adorable cupcakes on Pinterest, but had no interest in making marshmallow-covered cupcakes.  The marshmallows would never last, for one (my son would eat them all), and I'm not really into making cupcakes.  So I thought to myself "ya know, little pom poms look marshmallow-y, and thus sheep fuff-y.  I could glue a bunch of those to a plastic Easter egg, add a little face, and have a cute sheep!"  A bag of small pom poms later and my son and I were ready to go.


Supplies
  • Small white pom poms (page of 80)
  • Craft glue
  • Plastic Easter egg or other material for sheep body
  • 2 Googly eyes
  • Black construction paper
  • Black paint

Directions
  1. Glue a portion of egg and add pom poms close together.  Glue another portion and repeat until covered.  Set aside to dry.
  2. Cut out 2 cute lil ears and an oval for a face.  Glue googly eyes to face.  Glue construction paper to sheep body.  I like that my guy's face is a little disproportionate to his fat body.  :)
  3. Paint the bottom half of 4 pom poms to be your sheep's hooves.  Alternatively, you could glue strips of construction paper around those pom poms.  Let dry, then glue to bottom of sheep.  Laugh when he gives you a surprised gopher face.
   
 4. Add a little extra pom pom on his bum for a tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.