- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8-oz canned diced tomatoes with juice (I couldn't find an 8-oz can, so I just measured out 1 cup from a larger can)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and place in a loaf pan or small baking dish. Shape into a loaf.
- Mix the topping ingredients and spread evenly on loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.