November 23, 2012

B.A.C.O. Dip

I made this delicious dip for the first time yesterday, as a pre-Thanksgiving dinner snack.  It was definitely a hit, and the first thing we broke out for the leftover attack at 9 p.m.
Also, I'm proud of the way I renamed it.  Neiman Marcus Dip, while sounding impressive, doesn't really convey a thing about the ingredients: bacon, almonds, cheese, and onions: B.A.C.O.  My name wins.


Ingredients
  • 5-6 green onions, snipped into small slices
  • 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 1/2 cups mayonaise
  • 3 ounces bacon bits (I used soy Baco bits for my vegetarian guests; I'm sure would be super amazing with real bacon bits!)
  • 1 small package slivered almonds (the one in the original recipe looks like it's just 2-3 ounces.  I just portioned out about a half cup of almonds from a bigger bag I had and used extra mayo to reach the consistency I wanted)

Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and chill for a couple hours.  
  2. Serve with crackers, veggies, or corn chips.
SO EASY!  Perfect for busy holiday events.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.