December 29, 2013

Crock Pot Pork Chops with Apples and Shallots

Yesterday I adapted my original Pork Chops with Apples and Shallots recipe for the crock pot, and got equally tasty results.  The texture of the pork was different, though- fall apart pork roast style.  I thought I'd share the adaptations I made for the crock pot, and hope you enjoy!


Pork Chops with Apples and Shallots

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 medium shallots, quartered lengthwise
  • 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into eighths
  • 1/2 cup white wine and 1 cup chicken broth, or 1 1/2 cups apple cider (I used the white wine and water because I was out of broth)
  • 4 bone-in pork chops
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
  1. Place shallots, apples, and the wine/broth mixture or cider in crock pot.
  2. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
  3. Pan sear pork chops until just golden on each side.  Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to crock pot, on top of apples and shallots.
  4. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
  5. Turn pork chops in juices before serving.  Serve pork chops with warm apples and shallots and a spoonful of crock pot juices spooned over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.