December 26, 2013

Snowflake Stamp Ornament

So this simple idea dawned on me after the last Pinterest party, where I never got around to using my snowflake hole punch to make pretty garland for the kitchen windows.  I still wanted to use it, but switched it around to make an ornament with the snowflake cutouts.  I glued the center of each flake to a foam ball, and ta da- gorgeous ornament.  It was so simple, my 3-year-old could help, though.  I'd dab the glue on the ball, he'd plop a snowflake down, and we'd move on to the next.  Easy peasy!



Supplies

  • Snowflake hole punch
  • 5+ sheets of white paper (I just used printer paper)
  • Medium foam ball/ornament
  • Hot glue gun and glue
  • Ribbon or string to hang the ornament
  • Long pin, like for a boutonniere 
Directions
  1. Punch out at least 50 snowflakes from the white paper.
  2. Fold the edges of each flake away from the center.
  3. Place a dab of hot glue on the foam ball, and glue the center of the snowflake in place.  Repeat, clustering the centers of the snowflakes closely together (nearly touching) so that the arms of the snowflakes mingle a bit.
  4. Repeat until entire ornament is covered.
  5. Place a dab of glue on the ornament, and pin the ribbon in place.  Let dry before hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.