March 8, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I'm not kidding when I say that I have several months worth of old recipes and projects saved on my computer, just waiting to be written up into blog posts.  This is just the first of many catch up posts.  :)

This casserole I found on Pinterest is a great way to get the flavors of chicken enchiladas in a simpler way, without all that hand rolling of individual enchiladas.  I really loved it, and just wish my guys enjoyed Mexican food as much as I do so I could make this more often.  Instead, I get to wait for the next Pinterest party to make this yummy dish.


Ingredients

  • 2 large cooked chicken breasts, shredded
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 4.5-oz can diced green chilies, drained
  • 10-oz can green enchilada sauce
  • 4 medium corn tortillas (9", burrito size)
  • 8 ounces sour cream
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375°.  Season chicken with salt and pepper and bake in a pyrex dish 25-30 minutes until cooked through.  Keep oven heated to 375°.
  2. Shred chicken into bite-size pieces in stand mixer.  Add cumin, chili powder, garlic, black beans, enchilada sauce, and green chilies.  Mix on low speed until well combined.
  3. Spray an 11 x 15" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.  Place 2 tortillas on the bottom of the dish, then spread half of the chicken mixture on top.  Spread half of the sour cream on top in an even layer and sprinkle with half the Mexican cheese.  Repeat layers.
  4. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes until cooked through.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.