March 8, 2014

Cheesy Baked Zucchini

I discovered this tasty way to make zucchini just before I got pregnant, and sadly haven't made it since.  I had nausea the first four months and have only recently started cooking to this level again.  I will say that my husband LOVED it, and I was reassured when it wasn't as much of a cheesy mess as I saw in the original recipe.  Lots of flavor and a nice texture, this is a keeper of a side dish.


Ingredients

  • 2 green zucchini, sliced and quartered
  • 2 yellow squash, sliced and quartered
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil, or 1 teaspoon dried
  • 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese blend
  • 1/2 cup coarsely grated Parmesan (little less if using canned Parmesan)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.  Spray an 8x8" baking dish with nonstick spray.
  2. Combine all ingredients except for the Parmesan cheese and pour into baking dish.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes.
  4. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake, uncovered, 10-15 more minutes or until Parmesan is melted and golden and zucchini/squash are fully cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.