February 16, 2013

Crock Pot Short Ribs

Welcome to the World's Easiest Crock Pot Meal.  No browning the meat beforehand, and you could even do it with pre-chopped onion so you don't have to do a thing but dump stuff in your crock pot.  I say that's pretty perfect.  And despite my husband's abhorrence of anything made in a crock pot, I continue making things in it because seriously: easy in a pot.  On top of that, these short ribs are tender, have a unique flavor, and the recipe makes bonus sauce to dip bread* in: hit the winter sweet spot for me.  My hubby, not so much.  Oh well.  As I've said before- more for me!


Ingredients

  • 2 lbs beef short ribs
  • 1 1/3 cup pasta sauce
  • 1/2 cup dry red wine
  • 1/2 of a 1-lb bag of baby carrots
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • Mashed potatoes, rice, or any other side you want!
Directions
  1. Season the ribs with salt and pepper and set aside.
  2. Stir the sauce, wine, carrots, and onion in a slow cooker.  Add the ribs and turn to coat.
  3. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours (or HIGH 4-5 hours), until the ribs are fork-tender.  Serve with side as desired.
*May I recommend a nice rustic Italian bread, or if you're in luck, BEER BREAD, like we're having!  YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.