January 13, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

I had some very ripe bananas, and was looking for a nice banana muffin recipe to make when I came across this one for banana muffins with chocolate chips and a bit of coffee in there.  Wow!  I was going to make the muffins for a friend who doesn't care for coffee, so I left that bit out, and it was a success.  In addition, my husband absolutely LOVED these muffins, so much that I had to make a second batch!


Ingredients

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.  Grease muffin tins or line with muffin cups (I prefer using spray).
  2. Blend butter, sugar, egg, banana, and vanilla until thoroughly incorporated.  Will be a bit soupy.  Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.  Blend until flour just disappears.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Spoon mixture into 15 to 18 muffin cups, about 2/3 full.
  3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.  A toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin should come out clean.  Gently remove from muffin cups (I like to use a spoon to pry them loose all around) and cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.