September 26, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

I have Pinterest to thank for yet another recipe my husband told me I could definitely make any time I wanted to.  I am way jealous of the picture they used!  My only modification was to use thicker slices of Swiss cheese because we liked the casserole extra cheesy.


Ingredients
  • 6 oz package chicken flavored stuffing mix
  • 10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces (I baked mine with salt and pepper)
  • 3 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 cups cooked ham, cut into cubes (1 inch or smaller)
  • 8 slices Swiss cheese (thick cut for a cheesy casserole; thin for lighter casserole)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Season chicken with salt and pepper and bake the chicken (10 minutes for thin chicken breasts, up to 30 minutes for thick).
  2. While the chicken is cooking, do your prep work cutting up the broccoli and ham.
  3. When the chicken is done, take it out of the oven and start to prepare the stuffing mix as directed on the package.  Let the stuffing cook while you cut up the chicken.
  4. In a large bowl, mix the soup and mustard.  Stir in the chicken, broccoli, and ham.
  5. Spray a 3-quart or 2-quart casserole dish* with cooking spray.  Spoon in the casserole mixture, top with the cheese slices, and then top with the stuffing.
  6. Bake 35-40 minutes or until heated through.


*The original recipe said to use a 2-quart casserole dish, but I've been using a 3-quart casserole dish.  I'd say the smaller dish will probably give you a more saucy casserole, that will take longer to cook, than the 3-quart dish would.  Choose whichever method gives you the kind of food you prefer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.