September 16, 2012

Breakfast Panini with Blueberries

I came across this recipe on Pinterest yesterday, and loved the idea so much I couldn't wait to try it.  I made it for breakfast this morning and YUM.  The recipe doesn't provide measurements so my first try was just a stab in the dark at proportions, which I've shared below.  I'm sure I could have been more generous with the cream cheese and powdered sugar, so feel free to adjust as you like!

Breakfast Panini with Blueberries


Ingredients
  • Cream cheese (about 1 tablespoons per sandwich)
  • Powdered sugar (about 1 teaspoon per sandwich)
  • Bread
  • Blueberries (I used a lot- enough to have a single layer cover the slice. About 1/3 cup?)
  • Butter
Directions
  1. Heat panini press.
  2. Microwave cream cheese in a small bowl for just a few seconds to soften.
  3. Mix powdered sugar with cream cheese.
  4. Butter outside of sandwich.
  5. Spread sweetened cream cheese on inside of one side of sandwich.
  6. Place buttered side down on panini press. Top with second slice, buttered side on top.
  7. Grill for about 1 minute.
  8. Serve warm

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.