June 23, 2014

One-Pot Pasta with Shrimp

I should probably just sign up for a daily Martha Stewart recipe or something by now, because I seriously love pretty much every recipe I've tried from this woman's domestic machine.  The most recent of these is a one-pan pasta dish, which I only modified a bit.

What an appetizing bowl of pasta to serve up for the family!

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces linguine
  • 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups' worth)
  • 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I used a little less because I worry about heat, but could have easily done the full 1/2 teaspoon or more)
  • 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for topping
  • 2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
  • 4 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 to 1 pound shrimp, peeled and tails removed (I actually used pre-cooked shrimp)
  • Drizzle of olive oil
  • Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (I actually skipped this, and liked it better just with olive oil)
Directions
  1. Place all ingredients except for shrimp and Parmesan cheese in a large straight-sided skillet or pot.  I used a pot because I was not confident that all of this would fit in my largest pan.  Bring to a boil and toss with tongs occasionally.  Boil 9 minutes, or until pasta is al dente and water is almost all evaporated.  Add shrimp to pot the last minute of cooking time and cook until just pink and beginning to curl.  Do not overcook.
  2. Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Garnish with torn basil, drizzle of olive oil, and Parmesan cheese.
Seriously, how easy is that?!?  Some chopping and 15 minutes to boil/cook everything, and you have a pretty impressive dinner to dish out.  Perfect for a weeknight meal.

Everything all situated in my stock pot.

Bubble bubble!  This is the last minute when I tossed in my shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.