May 3, 2014

Honey Lemon Chicken with Herbs

I recently came across this tasty looking pin on Pinterest, but it was one of those convoluted goose chases.  The link goes to an image, which goes to a web page in another language.  At least Chrome translated well enough for me, and the original pin had the basics covered in the description.  Cue some adaptations and winging it and I came out with a really flavorful way to make chicken!  I can't WAIT to give this a go on the grill.


Ingredients

  • 2 boneless chicken breasts; recommended to make with skin on, though I didn't
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • Zest of 1/2 lemon
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
    • Optional- reserve the used lemon to cut slices as garnish
  • 1/2 tablespoon honey
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon Herbs de Provence (I used Penzey's Parisien Bonnes Herbes)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375°.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
  2. Mix garlic, lemon juice and zest, honey, olive oil, and herbs in a small bowl.  Arrange chicken on prepared baking dish, and brush with honey lemon mixture on both sides.
  3. Bake 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until fully cooked.  If using lemon slices as garnish, place on chicken during the last 10 minutes.
I recommend making this with my cheesy zucchini bake, which is what I did last night.  YUM.  Each dish had a lot of flavor, but they complimented each other rather than overwhelmed.  Definite keeper.  And like I said, I can't wait to try this chicken recipe on the grill.  I'm sure it'll be amazing.

Update:  Grilling is just as yummy!  My husband really liked that approach.  Just placing the chicken directly on the grill, though, I lost the herbs so it left a stronger lemon flavor without as much of the herb flavor.  Perhaps using a grill tray or something else would help keep more of the herbs in tact!  I also have no idea why one piece came out all grillified looking and the other looks the same as when I made these in the oven.  *shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.