September 5, 2013

Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks

Well hello there. It's been a while, hasn't it?  Both my blogging and my cooking took a right turn to nowhere during the month of August.  My summer class was tough, and summer is the busiest time of year at work.  Perfect storm to lead to quick meals and a neglected blog.
Anyway, trying to get back in the saddle a bit, I'll share my experience with these tasty but a bit tricky breadsticks.  My friend Sarah pinned these ages ago for a Pinterest party and they've been lurking on my recipes board for ages now.  I finally made them and wonder where to rank them in my ever growing list of garlic-flavored bread sides.  They have the garlic monkey bread, knots, and Domino's bread bites to contend with!


Ingredients
  • 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough (like Pillsbury's)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (from the can; not freshly grated)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
  • Black pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425°.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. Mix Parmesan, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl.  Set aside.
  3. Roll out dough to full rectangular shape (about 12" x 9").  Brush with the melted butter.  
  4. Sprinkle half the dough with the Parmesan mixture and pepper.  Fold other side of dough on top and gently press together.
  5. Use a pizza cutter to cut 1" strips of dough.  Twist the dough strips tightly and set on the baking sheet.  If you look at my picture against the one in the original post, you can see that I wound up with some fatty breadsticks.  I think that I cut them larger than 1" wide, and didn't twist too tightly so I got these floppy ones instead of the crispier looking ones in the original recipe.  Just some advice depending on the texture you want.
  6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until puffed and golden.
  7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.