April 17, 2013

Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs

I honestly don't remember how I came across this recipe.  I think I may have had it on a calendar, and then tracked down the recipe online.  Either way, this recipe has been good to me, and is so super simple.  Betty Crocker makes it easier on you with canned pineapple chunks, but I like the real deal fresh stuff.  And more of everything.  But it's essentially the same recipe.


Ingredients
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1-2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces (I always wish I'd opted for 2 when I just have 1 on hand)
  • 1-2 cups of pineapple chunks, either from a can or cut fresh
  • 1 cup Teriyaki sauce
Directions
  • Marinate chicken in Teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes in refrigerator.  
  • Heat grill to medium-high if using gas, or just pile on the briquettes for charcoal. 
  • Discard marinade, and skewer chicken, peppers, and pineapples.  I prefer metal skewers.
  • Cook about 4 minutes per side with the grill cover closed.  Serve when chicken is cooked through.

You'll get 2 servings out of this, and it's so easy to bump up the portions.  I'd say 1 1/2 skewers with a side salad is enough for an adult serving; 1 skewer for a kid.  And seriously, my son devours these kabobs.  Mister fickle picky eater himself is a fanatic for grill food.  Never mind how healthy this meal is for him- he polished off two servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.