July 26, 2014

5-Ingredient Brownie in a Mug

A few days ago, my husband and I had an especially trying day between the kids, spit up, a crazy vet bill, and Lego mayhem.  By the end of the day, I was begging for wine or chocolate.  Short on wine, I made myself a brownie in a mug.  I've always been wary of these recipes on Pinterest, but I'm happy to report that this one works and tastes great.  It definitely hits the brownie texture instead of just being a cake in a mug, which is a common problem with other recipes.  I also like that this uses butter instead of oil.  End result: delicious.  Treat yourself and enjoy!


Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Optional: mix ins and toppings, such as peanut butter, nutella, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, nuts, etc.
Directions
  1. Mix flour, sugar, and cocoa powder in a large mug.  Break up clumps.
  2. Add melted butter and milk.  Mix until well incorporated and texture is consistent- few to no lumps.
  3. Microwave 1 minute, and then in 10-second intervals until liquid on top is gone.  If you tilt your mug, nothing should move.  Microwave 10 seconds more after the no-liquid point, and let sit to cool at least 2-3 minutes.
  4. Optional: top with crazy yummy toppings and eat straight from mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.