October 8, 2013

Toilet Decoration

Well, in a sign of craftiness taken to a new level, I present you with my house's current (and only) toilet decoration.  The toilet monster?  Potty poltergeist?  Suggested names welcome!  I also must note that I am not the only person to ever embark on this project.  I got the idea from someone else.

I also apologize for neglecting my poor blog.  The last class really drained me, but thankfully my hubby and I got a MUCH needed vacation afterward.  Now that I'm back, we'll see how much I can keep on top of the blog posts as I suffer through my very last class.  Aaaahhhmazing.  


Supplies
  • 2 pieces of black construction paper
  • Googly eyes (or white construction paper)
  • Tape
Directions
  1. Tape two pieces of construction paper together so you have one nice loooong piece.  I did need to tape two pieces of paper to make the design long enough to wrap around the right side of the toilet and onto the back.  Otherwise, the chopped off look is just weird.
  2. Use a straight edge to draw a diagonal line on your construction paper.  Draw out fingers next to the line.  Cut out along line/fingers.
  3. Erase any pencil lines, or just flip design over so clean side is showing.  Glue on googly eyes and let dry.
  4. Remove lid from the toilet tank so you can line the paper monster up without any gap showing at the top.  Tape design in place, with the small part of the triangle just over the toilet handle.  Wrap construction paper around side of toilet and tape to back.  Put lid back and admire the view.
  5. Bonus: everyone is now encouraged to put the toilet seats down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.