December 8, 2012

Glitter Votives

After seeing how easy it was to make glitter ornaments, and finding myself with lots of extra floor finish and glitter on my hands, I wanted to try my hand at making more glittery things.  Clear glass candle holders and vases came to mind, and I came across some nice cheap ones at Walmart.  I also had some extra jingle bells on my hands, and a coworker reminded me of some pictures we'd each seen on Pinterest of centerpieces with votives and jingle bells.  Now we're in business.


Supplies
  • Clear glass votives (ones pictured $2 each from Walmart)
  • Pledge with future shine floor finish
  • Glitter
  • Optional: jingle bells in different sizes and tray
Directions
  1. Squirt about a teaspoon of floor finish into votive.  Gently rotate votive on its side to thoroughly coat.  I recommend doing this over a cardboard box or some other disposable work surface.  To coat upper rim of votive, squirt floor polish on a paper towel and run around the rim of the votive.  Pour out excess floor polish.
  2. Pour about 2 teaspoons of glitter into the votive.  Again gently rotate votive on its side to lightly coat the inside with glitter.  Shake out excess glitter.  Set aside and let dry completely.  I'm not sure about lighting candles in your chemical-soaked votives, so I recommend using electric candles in mine.  Fair warning. :)
Look how pretty this is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment? Awesome! Have at it, rock star.